Wednesday 15 August 2012

I am the Zoo part 2


Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

I love tigers, they always seem to sleep when I visit the Zoo though, I would love to see them awake next time, they are one of my favourite animals and these Sumatran tigers are gorgeous and unfortunately there are only about 300 left in the world, very sad.

No offence to Tigers but I have to confess that after this Zoo visit I am obsessed with Gorillas, this guy was flirting with us and kept posing and they all seemed so unbelievably humble and so much in their behaviours reminded me of us humans, just look at his face expressions while watching us watching him. I am a big Gorilla fan after this Zoo visit and if you want to become a Gorilla fan to, just look at this film where Koko the gorilla meets Robin Williams and plays with him.

It was hard to take photos in the Zoo, most animals are behind fences or scratched glass that makes reflections when you try to photograph them so I am afraid the images aren't that amazing. And by the way, people who use flash in the Zoo piss me off, it clearly says every where that it scares the animals.

These aardvarks where sleeping tight together like a yin and yang symbol and I wish I could get better photos of them, they look like cartoon characters and are absolutely gorgeous and even though I find it sad with Zoo's I am at the same time very split about it. Zoo's do a lot of conservation work and I am glad to get a chance to see all these amazing creatures, of-course I would prefer if they were roaming around in their natural habitats and I was a multi millionaire who could travel and see them. I am wondering though if Zoo's make people more interested in animals and that maybe people start caring more about gorilla's and tigers etc after seeing them? I don't know, talking shit and need to get back to work...

Photobucket

Photobucket

This picture is blurry but I had to show it, this armadillo interacted with me and tried to come as close to the glass as possible but couldn't quite reach and then he stood up on his back legs and looked at me and I honestly got a bit touched and wanted to adopt him or her...

That's it from the Zoo.

2 comments:

Petra said...

I love the sleeping tiger! it´s such a fine and powerful animal. this post gave me the urge to visit the zoo in Borås, i think i might do that this week.

Åsa said...



Oh, I am jealous, I wanna go there to! What animals do they have at Boras Zoo?

Yes, tigers are amazing, but look at all these amazing various wild cat animals! I really want to go there: http://www.flickr.com/groups/cat_survival_trust/