Tuesday 14 August 2012

I am at the Zoo

Photobucket

Today I went to London Zoo. It was empty.

No, I lied, but I photographed this empty space above, something about the colours, the light and the feeling of the space that I wanted to capture - and guess what, two men came up and stood there by my side and watched the space, looking for what invisible animal I was photographing and it took a while until they realised, there was none to be found and that I was just some weirdo not realising that it is the cages with animals in that I should aim my camera towards.

There is so much to see at London Zoo that I never managed to see it all in one day, probably as a result of me being a geek who is so fascinated by animals that I can stand and watch a gorilla eat for an hour… anyway, it was such a great day, the sun was shining in London for once and most of the animals were out enjoying the warm day.

My camera also worked for 4 hours, hallelujah, and just when I spotted two Malayan tapirs swimming not even a meter away from me - my camera died. But I managed to get some snaps from my day and here they are;

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The penguins were very curious and came very close to the glass, having a Zoo of their own where they were checking us out.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: