Wednesday 1 May 2013

A study of Sports & Leisure


There are definitely too few illustration exhibitions in London, don't you think?

I thought that I should do something about it so last summer I curated "Let's Fika" together with Karin Soderquist and Danijela Dobric, featuring artists like Hanna Melin and Martin Wollerstam at Fika, London.

Now it is time for the next show.

This time I am curating the exhibition and it is all about celebrating character design within contemporary illustration with a added twist, I want everyone to forget about everyday troubles and boredom, politics, triple dip recessions and domestic chores and instead focus on what we love the most, having free time and doing all the things that makes us happy.

And I am very pleased to say that I have some of my absolute favourite illustrators in the show;



























Mogu Takahashi







































Sarah Ray














































































Mr Millerchip










































Karen Cheung










































Danijela Dobric












































and I, Asa Wikman




and Mat Pringle are also in the show!


A Study of Sports & Leisure

6-27 June

Exposure Gallery
22-23 Little Portland Street
London W1W 8BU


Hope to see you there!


No comments: